Wednesday, August 17, 2016

The Plow Frame

After receiving the Jeep, I quickly realized that the existing front bumper had a plow frame attached, leaving me minimal clearance for any sort of off-roading adaventures. So, off to the world of Jeep forums I went, specifically Wrangler Forum (just Google it). I found someone locally willing to help me with this project, and after two visits to Pine CO for LJ Dave to help me out, we got the bugger off.

So, here's the before and after pics of the first "real" mod to the Jeep:


You can see that the lower arms of the plow frame left minimal clearance, so off they went!


The Jeep is also about 70 lbs lighter, so technically I am gaining in fuel economy, right? :)

I am actually trying to sell this frame as I have no need for it. A potential buyer fell through, so it's still available if anyone is interested!

No comments:

Post a Comment